Jesus gets first accolade!


Congratulations are in order to John Kamal Iskander, it seems "Jesus comes to town" won it's first award! The Houston Internaitonal film festival (Worldfest Houston)has awarded the short film a REMI.
We're hoping to get the film into Dragon Con this year (so that I can selfishly shmooze all of the great writers I met at the Superstar Writing Seminar I just completed and hang out with fans!)

I read "Alcatraz and the Evil Librarians" by Brandon Sanderson today to my two 4th grade classes (Brandon was one of the superstar writers this weekend) and I'm happy to say that it was a hit! I even got a few laughs with my ever changing voices, they especially like my old man voice. I really am grateful for BookPals, it's a great way to start the week reading to kids and sharing your passion for books.

I hope everyone has something nice planned for Passover and -or Easter. I always love this Holiday season, no pressure to buy gifts...just a lovely opportunity to visit the ones you love, cook beautiful meals, reflect upon your chosen religion (if you are religious) and for me, eat oodles of chocolate. Heaven!